Helix Anchor Installation Training, Saba
The Workshop was scheduled on May 6-8, 2013.
The purpose of the training workshop was to build capacity of marine park staff of the Saba Conservation Foundation (and our other parks) in mooring installation and maintenance.
At the end of the session the participants will be able to:
- Understand how to operate and maintain the helix installation equipment.
- Become familiar with what equipment is necessary and how the equipment works.
- Have an understanding of the procedure to bring together all the necessary components to make the installation process a success.
- Understand the steps in carrying out the entire helix installation process.
- Have an understanding of the different types of soils and if they are conducive to helix anchors and how to choose the appropriate anchor and site.
- Have a full understanding of what is required to insure the safety of all participants in these types of Helix Anchor installations.
Introduction to Boatmoorings.com and Helix Anchors: history, applications of helix anchors, etc.
- Introduction of participants and information gathering session
- What do the participants hope to learn
- How they will apply this training
- Slides and videos of helix anchors and moorings
Video clips of helix installations
|Day One||May 6th|
|Time||Main Points, Methods and Learning Aids|
|Day Two||May 7th|
Click to view Report.